I found a kit a while back of the Samaritan pistol from the Hellboy movies and thought it would make a interesting project but wanted to focus more on creating scratch built pieces. My schedule made it difficult to start any big projects so I figured this would be a good quick project.
The kit was really well done and surprisingly accurate. I had to make some modifications along the way but they were mostly small details and accents. The only parts I really had to scratch build were the hammer and the release latch. The handle posed a problem because of all the curves so I had to cover the papermodel in wall putty and sand it to shape. I am happy with the end result and it made a great quick project.
Click the pictures to see larger photos.